C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Rail/Lines at rail 97-98 vettes

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:26 PM
robert1989
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Rail/Lines at rail 97-98 vettes

I have a aftermarket intake that is going to use after market fuel rails.

Since my Corvette is a 98 it has a return line at the rail.

The plan is to install a regulator that has a return line built in. (they seem to be very cheap).

First question is can I use any fuel pressure regulator that does adjustable from 0 to 140 PSI. (with its own gauge of course).

Second Question is should I use the stock PSI I only have an intake and cat back with x pipe nothing to much. (for now, at 163,000 miles I might get a 383 iron block)

Third question is, Which is the return line? I assume the one that comes out of the back of the regulator that is on the line.

This seems to me like a cut and splice job and finding a decent place to mount the new regulator.

I have a lot of experience as a mechanic just not a lot of aftermarket experience.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:19 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

You will need a return style regulator. Holley makes a nice one. But there are many to choose from.

You will set it to 58 psi. If you increase over 58 psi, the system will run rich.

Instructions with whatever reg you buy will show how to connect it.

Ron
Old 08-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Rob Petyo
Le Mans Master

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

I noticed this yesterday and only Ron has replied so far, I think a pic might help you ...

PLease follow the below lines (pic added) and you can figure out which is return and which is your feed. Remember to locate your regulator at the end, before returning.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:05 AM
robert1989
Instructor

That picture pretty much answers any questions I would have.

I don't know if I will mount it to the fuel rail like that because a fitting might be a pain to find but I think I got it.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:48 AM
robert1989
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels
I noticed this yesterday and only Ron has replied so far, I think a pic might help you ...

PLease follow the below lines (pic added) and you can figure out which is return and which is your feed. Remember to locate your regulator at the end, before returning.

So the intake manifold doesn't fit my car, so I have to use my stock one. I no longer have the fuel rails so I need to use the high volume ones. The Issue is they don't fit, they hit the fire wall.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:48 PM
IRON MAIDEN
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

In Feb I sent a set of 243 heads to AI for their CNC porting and rebuild and bought a cam and other goodies from them. LG Super Pros, Monster clutch, a 12mm Tq Tube and too many other upgrade parts to list. All just sitting here waiting to install. One of the upgrades to my 97' (with return line) is an LS6 intake that I spent countless hours on giving it a unique and custom paint job. Then bought a fully polished Shaner ported throttle body. Custom painted Vararam intake and bridge and fuel rail covers that will go on only for shows. I would love to do some red Fast rails with a gauge but have no clue how to piece together a setup for a 97'98' dual line setup. So have been toying with the idea of simply painting the stock rails so they are at least not an eye sore. Hoping this thread will provide a guide to an aftermarket dual line setup.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:02 PM
robert1989
Instructor

Originally Posted by IRON MAIDEN
In Feb I sent a set of 243 heads to AI for their CNC porting and rebuild and bought a cam and other goodies from them. LG Super Pros, Monster clutch, a 12mm Tq Tube and too many other upgrade parts to list. All just sitting here waiting to install. One of the upgrades to my 97' (with return line) is an LS6 intake that I spent countless hours on giving it a unique and custom paint job. Then bought a fully polished Shaner ported throttle body. Custom painted Vararam intake and bridge and fuel rail covers that will go on only for shows. I would love to do some red Fast rails with a gauge but have no clue how to piece together a setup for a 97'98' dual line setup. So have been toying with the idea of simply painting the stock rails so they are at least not an eye sore. Hoping this thread will provide a guide to an aftermarket dual line setup.
to get the aftermarket rails in you need to remove the piece under the windshield wipers then you need to cut out where the lines will go to get them to fit. It really isn't that hard just keep cutting into it goes in.

I guess I'm going to sell my intake and get an LS6
Old 09-07-2014, 04:31 PM
IRON MAIDEN
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What intake didn't fit?
Old 09-07-2014, 08:43 PM
robert1989
Instructor

Originally Posted by IRON MAIDEN
What intake didn't fit?