C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Headers: exhaust tips won't align properly

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:26 AM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Default TSP Headers: exhaust tips won't align properly

Well among the other issues, this one's the biggest asspain so far. My tips are pointing down pretty far and I'm ready to have this thing back on the road yesterday. Any ideas? I bought it used and it's not banged up or anything. I'm thinking of flipping the rear most pipes around left for right to see if that helps, but other than that the car looks like *** with the tips pointed the way they do. Don't even get me started on O2 sensor alignment, what a crock of shjt.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:06 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

So the passenger's side pointing more downhill than the driver's side was caused by a mismatch in length, so I worked the passenger's side out more and at least now they look the same. I then tried my luck at "benching" the tips upward and that made positive progress too, so they're now where I can stand them and I'm about to weld them there for good. Once tacked, I'll drop the mid pipe and weld in the 2 new O2 bungs I picked up so the rear o2 sensors (which have become the fronts now) can sit in their factory location and be shielded from heat and chafing as they were from day 1.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:31 AM
TastyBacon
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Don't you love aftermarket "bolt-on" parts that don't actually fit?

Get notified of new replies

To TSP Headers: exhaust tips won't align properly

Quick Reply: TSP Headers: exhaust tips won't align properly