C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Momo Steering wheel install question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Momo Steering wheel install question(s)

Question for (skydivin4fun) those that have replaced that have replaced your factory steering wheels for after market.

I disconnect the battery (or batchry as they call it in the south) let sit for 15 min then get to taking off the wheel. T27 torque screws, remove bag, connector and pop the wheel off… Correct so far?

Do I remove the clock spring as well or do I leave that alone is the question

I then install momo adapter and wheel and sit back think about how much better staring at new corvette mods is than free internet ****

Any hint's, slaps in the face, or other suggestions???

Yes Yes I know I will no longer have an airbag …. ohhhh my gawd no more texting and driving while eating soup with a spoon steering with my knees and pretending I'm channeling Ray Charles with my eyes closed in heavy traffic on the highway. I'm ok with this compromise.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:37 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Bueller...Bueller???
Old 07-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Tuscany
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds about right overall. I kept the clock spring in place. You can tuck the airbag connector coming out of it up under the new hub adapter or cut it off altogether, whichever is more convenient.

In my experience, the only hard part was pulling the wheel. Age had all but welded mine on. I had to cut away the trim behind the wheel (not the column trim) to get a good grip on the wheel frame with a puller.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:51 PM
Pirateslife4me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tuscany
Sounds about right overall. I kept the clock spring in place. You can tuck the airbag connector coming out of it up under the new hub adapter or cut it off altogether, whichever is more convenient.

In my experience, the only hard part was pulling the wheel. Age had all but welded mine on. I had to cut away the trim behind the wheel (not the column trim) to get a good grip on the wheel frame with a puller.
Cool man, thanks for info... I'm up for the fight and headed to the garage

Get notified of new replies

To Momo Steering wheel install question(s)

Quick Reply: Momo Steering wheel install question(s)