C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need assistance w/LMC5 install.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 09:14 AM
CSM Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need assistance w/LMC5 install.

I was installing a LMC5 Module and removed and replaced first two wires in C3 connector; no problem went great. Went to C2 connector and can't get green C15 wire to release from connector. Tried different techniques but still won't release so I quit before I screwed up connector. Anyone have any tips that may help.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:57 AM
johnnyzvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try pushing the wire in from the back to seat it properly then try the removal tool again. I remember i had trouble getting one out when i did mine. It should release without much force, if you start getting frustrated, take a step back go drink a beer and come back later. Good luck!
Old 07-29-2014, 10:19 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Call those guys at complianceparts that sell this item they are the best and I am positive they can help. I did't have any problems with my install. It was a little aggrevating to get the wire connection off of the relay at the top of the metal box but that was it.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:24 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

When I did my LMC5 install the very first wire/pin I could not get to release and remove using the small allen wrench provided.

My eyesight is poor at my age.

Luckily I was showing a friend how to do the install. He was able to look into the connector/pin recess and see how the pin retainer was oddly bent/twisted and used a jewelers screw driver to depress it so it released.

It came out just fine and the others came out just like you see in their video.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:33 PM
CSM Z06
Instructor

Called Richard at Complianceparts who helped with my issue and 15 minutes later I was firing up the Z. Great customer service.
Too bad there weren't more like him.
Thanks
Old 07-30-2014, 07:17 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Sorry, but you are not as helpful in describing what your fix was so others may learn.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:40 AM
CSM Z06
Instructor

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Sorry, but you are not as helpful in describing what your fix was so others may learn.

Sorry about that...very simple actually..needle nose pliers as close as possible to connector then steady pressure. Wire end may get screwed up but not the connector. Wire get replaced so no biggy.

Get notified of new replies

To Need assistance w/LMC5 install.

Quick Reply: Need assistance w/LMC5 install.