C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlights won't move!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 06:29 PM
wagner262
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default headlights won't move!

I just replaced my passenger side headlight. I plugged both of them in and I used the control to put them down and up. nothing happened but as soon as I turned the car off they both went down. Well I messed with it a little longer and both went back up but now neither will move down or up.

The grounds look good, motors worked for those two times so what else could it be?
Old 07-27-2014, 06:30 PM
wagner262
Pro

after reseting the codes and then unplugging my battery I got codes
U1160
B0441
B2605
Old 07-27-2014, 08:03 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

codes ain't the issue here....unplug them again and then try again
Old 07-27-2014, 10:57 PM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by wagner262
I just replaced my passenger side headlight. I plugged both of them in and I used the control to put them down and up. nothing happened but as soon as I turned the car off they both went down. Well I messed with it a little longer and both went back up but now neither will move down or up.

The grounds look good, motors worked for those two times so what else could it be?
I have replaced both my gears and the headlights worked fine for about 2 weeks or so. Then I started having it not go up and the solution for me was that the car gets a bit hot and the plastic expands and STICKS a bit. So you have to turn off headlights and turn the manual **** slightly enough to feel it not so tight. Usually a 1/4 turn is all that is needed. The turn on lights and it should work fine.....until it heats up and sticks a bit more. It's a PITA especially in the rain. I hope this helps.

C5Z06CE
Old 07-28-2014, 12:01 AM
wagner262
Pro

Well I clicked the high beems on one time and then my lights came on and the headlights went up and down! Good news but the bad News is that the headlight is making the loud gun shot noise from the motor. The adjustable part on the headlight motor seems to keep spinning and when I try to tighten it, it seems to be stripped I guess? I have other headlight motors is it worth it to swap it out?

Get notified of new replies

To headlights won't move!

Quick Reply: headlights won't move!