C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED DRLs

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:03 PM
jslym777
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED DRLs

So I i stalled some led DRL lights. I read about hyper flash with turn signal use and it didn't bother me. But I'm getting the hyperflash just when I turn the key to on position regardless of turn signal use. What's the deal???
Old 07-25-2014, 10:06 PM
tommypenguin
Drifting

Received 377 Likes on 187 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

I installed radioflyer led corners and halo tail lights, he included a hyperflash harness to plug in, didn't have any issues other than needing to install a little higher amperage fuse. No hyperflash to report.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:30 PM
AUandAG
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had several sets of led drl's over the years with a hyperflash harness without issue. Recently I tried a pair of "high power" led's which caused the dash and interior lights to flash when the key was turned to "on". I replaced those with a different style "high power" led and they work as they should. Bottom line...not all led's are compatible with C5 electronics.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:23 AM
jslym777
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which ones work???
Old 07-26-2014, 11:04 AM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by jslym777
So I i stalled some led DRL lights. I read about hyper flash with turn signal use and it didn't bother me. But I'm getting the hyperflash just when I turn the key to on position regardless of turn signal use. What's the deal???
Hyper flashing should only happen when activating the turn signals or hazard switch and it is eliminated by using a hyperflash harness.

LEDs are inherently polarized, so usually it's important to make sure the positive contact goes to positive and the negative one goes to negative. It might be worth to try this: remove both LED DRLs and install them one at a time checking to see if your problem goes away by rotating 180° the LED DRL in its socket.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using IB AutoGroup
Old 07-27-2014, 08:52 AM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Our setup should fix your problem:
http://shop.radioflyerinnovations.co...o-Pack-050.htm

Get notified of new replies

To LED DRLs

Quick Reply: LED DRLs