C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 04:17 AM
BigKleib34
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Issue

Hey guys quick question. In my 2000 C5, I have turn signals that work when they want to. I've read up on how it has been a common issue traced back to the hazard switch...

Is it a better idea to replace the hazard switch, clean the contacts on the current one, or buy the bypass?

I don't really mind spending the $70 on the bypass, but if I can fix it for cheaper (or free) I most definitely will.

I'm also concerned about my hazards not working properly with the bypass installed, but I guess that's something I can to talk to the Corvette Enhancement guys about should it seem necessary to go that route.

Last edited by BigKleib34; 07-25-2014 at 04:20 AM.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:18 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Sure sounds like your Hazard switch is your problem. More likely than the Multifunction switch. Replacing it is not that hard and for only about $25 it is cheaper. There are a couple of ways to do it and I can go over those if you want to PM me your number.

When I did mine I left the old one in the dash for cosmetics and relocated the new one under the dash. If I need the hazards on it is easy to reach and it can be replaced in 20 seconds if needed.

To me a great option is to just buy a used GM harness section (GM P/N 12163776)
and unplug yours and plug in the replacement with a new Hazard switch. This will be relocation similar to mine. No more work than a Hyperflash install. Easy to find them and I bet VetteNuts here has at least one. I almost did this but had my radio out to replace with a CD unit so I didn't buy the harness.

My relocation info:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...elocation.html

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Issue