C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lumbar support

Old 07-24-2014, 05:58 PM
BobS98
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lumbar support

My wife and I will be taking an extended trip in the vette this winter (all of it south of I10). She will want to add lumbar support in the seat. I do not have the optional sport seats. I have seen somthing on the internet that looks like it would be good - 2 inflatable supports on either side of the back with a hand operated pump and valve. Unfortunately, the fine print gives no price - contact china.

Does any one know of something similar, or have alternate ideas?

Bob
Old 07-24-2014, 08:16 PM
jer1807
Advanced

I have just replaced the lumbar supports in my sport seats, an easy and inexpensive repair. I realize you do not have the sport seats but in my research to find the correct air bladders I came across a post that said he used a blood pressure cuff and inflated it with the hand squeeze bulb for comfort. Check your local Wal-Mart and see if they have the manual type, slip it behind your lower back and enjoy your road trip.
Jerry
Old 07-24-2014, 10:20 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,672 Likes on 1,295 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

My wife rolls up a towel and supports her back on long trips. She can't get enough lumber support out of our sport seats.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:56 AM
jer1807
Advanced

The lumbar bladder in your wife's sport seat may be failing. Mine started to go one at a time. Some would not hold any air period and some had a crack at the 90 degree inlet and depending on how you sat in the seat it would pinch the crack, maybe hold air, maybe not and finally they all failed. Easy repair, cost me $50.00 to do both seats lumbar and bolsters. An hour to do the first one and 45 minutes to do the second.
Jerry
Old 07-25-2014, 01:30 PM
BobS98
Advanced

Originally Posted by jer1807
The lumbar bladder in your wife's sport seat may be failing. Mine started to go one at a time. Some would not hold any air period and some had a crack at the 90 degree inlet and depending on how you sat in the seat it would pinch the crack, maybe hold air, maybe not and finally they all failed. Easy repair, cost me $50.00 to do both seats lumbar and bolsters. An hour to do the first one and 45 minutes to do the second.
Jerry
My car does NOT have the sport seat option. Unless I am mistaken, my seats do not have the built in lumbar support, nor can I add it. If I am wrong PLEASE correct me.

Bob
Old 07-25-2014, 03:55 PM
jer1807
Advanced

Nope, as far as I know you cannot add the lumbar support. I apologize I thought you had the sport seat.
Jerry
Old 07-27-2014, 03:09 AM
SG Lou
Safety Car

Received 486 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by jrose7004
My wife rolls up a towel and supports her back on long trips. She can't get enough lumber support out of our sport seats.
At least your wife rides with you....I got my wife to sit in mine maybe 3 times since i have owned it...and i have owned it for 3 yrs now.

Is that a good thing or bad thing ? I dunno

Get notified of new replies

To lumbar support

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lumbar support