C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Momentary TCC decoupler switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:50 AM
BlackbirdXX
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Momentary TCC decoupler switch

Hey guys, I would like to add momentary switch, on the upper portion of the left foot rest of my 99 auto vette, similure to the old school click on / click off highbeam switch of the 70s/80s, I do not wish to eliminate the TCC lockup, nor do I wish to program the lock points beyond my current settings. I purchased a heavy duty 20A normnally open switch, and would like to cut it into the upper portion of the left foot rest (NC op is not an issue with a relay, so if the solution is a different switch config, not an issue I just dont have a FSM to look up the circuit)

The objective is to avoid 4 -> 2 downshifts on the highway when attemptiing a simple 65->80 pass. Currently, I am feathering the brake pedel a CH (i assume with a tail light illumination) and am pretty satisfied unlocking the converter to get a bit of pass punch without a downshift. In town, I dislike the converter locking at city speeds (I raised the lockup point to 52mph (3&4th) and want the ability to use my lazy left foot to press down on demand for an unlock, then release for re-lock. I generally read more then post, and have looked over various threads with no real answer. if somebody would be so kind as to relay the thread, or provide me with a simple example of which factory wiring color- links the TCC sol, it would be a heck of a lot easier.

Thanks in advance,

Jay
Old 07-21-2014, 08:57 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Brake light switch - purple wire.

There is no reason you can't tune if so you get a unlock first, a 4-3 downshift second and then a 3-2 downshift last as you apply more and more throttle.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:58 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Brake light switch - purple wire.

There is no reason you can't tune if so you get a unlock first, a 4-3 downshift second and then a 3-2 downshift last as you apply more and more throttle.

Get notified of new replies

To Momentary TCC decoupler switch

Quick Reply: Momentary TCC decoupler switch