C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Pontiacat
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch question

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine needs some advice. He has a 2000 C5 Vette with a T-56 mechanical transmission, lingelfelter kit and 100 hp nitrous kit. He wants to use 26 inch slicks but we’re pretty sure that the clutch will fail or will not resist.

I know there’s a lot of hi-performance clutch options but the problem is that the owner is an aged man and he doesn’t like the rough feeling on the start and the vibration while he drives on the street.

Which clutch kit can you recommend me that’s better than the oem but without the rough feeling and vibration?

my friends car have 600 hp with nitrous

Thanks.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Pontiacat
Intermediate

here in the forum they recommended the ZR1 clutch but did not find any place where I can buy the conversion kit
anyone knows where can I buy it?
Old 07-17-2014, 04:49 PM
john8642
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Pontiacat
here in the forum they recommended the ZR1 clutch but did not find any place where I can buy the conversion kit
anyone knows where can I buy it?
Very expensive.

http://store.katechengines.com/ls9x-...-z06-p298.aspx
Old 07-18-2014, 08:30 PM
randyfl
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine needs some advice. He has a 2000 C5 Vette with a T-56 mechanical transmission, lingelfelter kit and 100 hp nitrous kit. He wants to use 26 inch slicks but we’re pretty sure that the clutch will fail or will not resist.

I know there’s a lot of hi-performance clutch options but the problem is that the owner is an aged man and he doesn’t like the rough feeling on the start and the vibration while he drives on the street.

Which clutch kit can you recommend me that’s better than the oem but without the rough feeling and vibration?

Thanks.
I believe Monster has one now that might meet your needs. It is not the original stage 1 twin, that one will shatter a little. It is a new style.

Good luck on the decision and the install.
Old 07-20-2014, 03:57 PM
strand rider
Safety Car

Received 235 Likes on 181 Posts

He is using 26 inch slicks and is worried about drivability. My kind of guy.

I certainly am not qualified to give advice, but found my answer with a dual McLeod red street twin. But only after a couple of calls to the help line to further my limited understandings.

They have been around long enough they might have answered your question before.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Pontiacat
Intermediate

thanks guys
any other opinion?
Old 07-21-2014, 01:35 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Monster's new twin disc from the 2014 Vette. The LT1-S.

Stock smooth engagement, and will handle what your friend has. I'm sure Steve will chime in here.
Old 07-21-2014, 04:08 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi everyone!

Thanks.
Check out the LT1-S its rated at 700 RWHP and will drive like a stock clutch. Feel free to give us a call and we can go over specifics.

Get notified of new replies

To clutch question

Quick Reply: clutch question