C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Information Needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 06:53 PM
Fcar 98
Melting Slicks

Received 892 Likes on 466 Posts

Default Information Needed

Converting from standard seats to sport seats. The sport seats have all the options, both are power and lumbar. The passenger seat is manual in the standard seat. Does anything need done to the wiring harness to make these seats work? Thanks.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:30 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

The schematics only show power seats for both sides.

If I am correct, you will not find a harness in the passenger side. If so, it can still be made to work. I helped ZeroGravity to do it. Could not find the link to that Thread. If you need help I can work with you.

One option would be to get a used harness and I can help you tie it into the car. All you need is power and a ground. There is no tie to the BCM.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Fcar 98
Melting Slicks

Thank you for your response and offer of help. I decided not to take it on myself and have a custom shop do the work. These seats have memory and they to need to be hooked up or the seat won't work. thank you again.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:38 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

There is no Memory in the passenger side.

I hope your shop has the schematics and connector pin outs for the Corvette. Otherwise they will have no clue.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 AM
Fcar 98
Melting Slicks

I do have the complete set of shop manuals. They seem to have all the information that they will need. When I first asked for help they were at the repair shop that I use. Thanks again.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:12 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

I'll be glad to help if I can. I did speak to ZeroGravity and he got his passenger side going from the info I gave him.

Don't let them butcher your wiring up. Not sure how they will tie into power but I can provide some recommendations that avoid that. Grounding is a no brainer. All my info is at home.

Get notified of new replies

To Information Needed

Quick Reply: Information Needed