C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator shroud

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 09:15 PM
joestrazz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Radiator shroud

I have a Tigershark front bumper with a K&M air intake on my C5. I bought the car with these modifications already installed. Since I have airflow coming in the front grill that a stock front bumper does not have the radiator shroud has been modified with a cut out at the K&M air filter and the bottom half of the shroud has been cut off. This has been done in an effort to allow the air coming in the front grill to flow directly through to the radiator but I have been told by one Corvette mechanic that this will only allow the airflow to go over the radiator shroud and engine and not forced through the radiator. I live in Arizona and in the intense heat of the day with the a/c on the water temp wants to rise to 235 (it drops with the a/c off but when it is 110 degs outside that is not an option). I feel that if my shroud was full length that would only stifle the airflow but I am not sure, anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

Quick Reply: Radiator shroud