C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Understanding 74 vette wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Dave Tuten
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Understanding 74 vette wiring diagram

Hello,
Ordered complete wiring diagram for 74 vette and so far it has been a great help. However, I'm not sure how to read the "junction" blocks on the diagram. For example, tracing the dk blu-18 from the w/s wiper motor the lead terminates into a "junction" block along with 13 other leads each assigned a number, The one I'm tracing was labeled 94. Also, I guess the -18 is the wire gage. I don't know how to pick-up the dk blu-18 except to look thru every other junction block for number 94 or scan each page looking for dk blu-18 or both. If I find another dk bl-18 it may be related to the wiper motor or something else, so I have to trace it back to another junction block to see if it is number 94 also. Got to be a better way to find where a wire terminates instead of searching each block. I am use to tracing from point a to point b. I need a point to point diagram if such a creature exist. HELP PLEASE
Thanks
Old 06-16-2014, 06:48 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Dave Tuten
Hello,
Ordered complete wiring diagram for 74 vette and so far it has been a great help. However, I'm not sure how to read the "junction" blocks on the diagram. For example, tracing the dk blu-18 from the w/s wiper motor the lead terminates into a "junction" block along with 13 other leads each assigned a number, The one I'm tracing was labeled 94. Also, I guess the -18 is the wire gage. I don't know how to pick-up the dk blu-18 except to look thru every other junction block for number 94 or scan each page looking for dk blu-18 or both. If I find another dk bl-18 it may be related to the wiper motor or something else, so I have to trace it back to another junction block to see if it is number 94 also. Got to be a better way to find where a wire terminates instead of searching each block. I am use to tracing from point a to point b. I need a point to point diagram if such a creature exist. HELP PLEASE
Thanks
Betcha somebody in the C3 section can help if you'll post up over there.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

^ what he said.. you in the wrong section this is the place to be for you..http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-c...s-1968-1982-5/

Get notified of new replies

To Understanding 74 vette wiring diagram

Quick Reply: Understanding 74 vette wiring diagram