C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light P0137HC

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 01:26 AM
tak06
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Check Engine Light P0137HC

Currently getting the "Check Engine" light coming on, can pull error
code P0137HC on the Display indicating "Heated Oxygen Sensor (H02S) Circuit Low Voltage Bank1 Sensor2"
Has anyone experienced this code? I can reset the code and the light will go out but will eventually return in about 30 miles of driving. Will a slightly low battery trigger this code or do I have something more
serious to contend with.
To be more precise, I can fully charge the battery, take the car for a 30 mile ride (no light) and let it sit for about 10 days or so, the battery will discharge slightly, take it for a ride again and in about 3 miles the check engine light may return.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:21 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

While I do not think your battery is the issue, you have not provided any specific information on what the battery voltage is after it is charged or what the battery voltage is while you driving.

Have you looked at the FSM? I was surprised at the things that factor into that code, not just a bad O2 sensor or connector/wiring.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:00 PM
tak06
Pro

It's actually my son's Z., I have mine on a battery tender, I will get the battery voltage the next time this event occurs. I'm thinking it may just be a poor connection at a O2 sensor because he had his clutch replaced at a Dealership last week, but which sensor? there are 2 at the front 2 rears?
Old 05-28-2014, 01:12 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The light is being set off due to the car having enough drive cycles for the PCM to see the fault enough times to set of the SES light. Not the battery. That code is for the rear sensor driver side.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:29 PM
tak06
Pro

Originally Posted by ssrallyred
The light is being set off due to the car having enough drive cycles for the PCM to see the fault enough times to set of the SES light. Not the battery. That code is for the rear sensor driver side.
Thanks for the sensor location, don't quite understand "car having enough drive cycles for the PCM to see the fault...." means.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:56 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tak06
Thanks for the sensor location, don't quite understand "car having enough drive cycles for the PCM to see the fault...." means.

In a nutshell everytime you drive most cars and a set of paramaters are meet, ie. coolant at 160 * or lower, fuel over 1/4 tank and there are several others, that is considered the start of one drive cycle. For most cars it takes 2-3 drive cycles that the computer has to see the same fault 2-3 times in a row, in your sons case low voltage from that 02 sensor. That is when the PCM will turn on the MIL ( malfuntion indicator lamp or SES light). Hope this helps.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:17 PM
tak06
Pro

Originally Posted by ssrallyred
In a nutshell everytime you drive most cars and a set of paramaters are meet, ie. coolant at 160 * or lower, fuel over 1/4 tank and there are several others, that is considered the start of one drive cycle. For most cars it takes 2-3 drive cycles that the computer has to see the same fault 2-3 times in a row, in your sons case low voltage from that 02 sensor. That is when the PCM will turn on the MIL ( malfuntion indicator lamp or SES light). Hope this helps.
Thanks, that makes sense. If it's the low voltage from that sensor then the sensor would probably be at fault, I'll take it back to the Dealership
they should be able to pin point the problem now or cheaper yet, I'll replace it myself. Thanks again!

Last edited by tak06; 05-28-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Check Engine Light P0137HC

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light P0137HC