C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC/AH not working properly!

Old 05-10-2014, 04:17 PM
johnnyzvette
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TC/AH not working properly!

My TC/AH system is not working properly! Whenever I accelerate past 4k RPM, my TC/AH kicks in. I can push the button to where it says it's off, but it still kicks in. My car is an 02 Z06. I was getting the codes c1214c, c 1287c and c1288c before I took apart the EBCM and re-soldered some cold solder joints.
Now I only get the codes c1287c and c1288c, but I'm still getting a service active handling, service vehicle message and I can't drive the car with the TC/AH being so sensitive, when it happens, my brakes are being applied and the throttle cuts out. Stock size tires, no other codes coming up, any ideas?

Last edited by johnnyzvette; 05-10-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:38 PM
johnnyzvette
Racer

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Both codes relate to the Steering Wheel Position Sensor ( SWPS). It provides input to the TC/AH function controlled by the EBCM and when bad will cause the brakes to be applied, the throttle to be backed out/fuel cut, TC/AH messages in the DIC and spark to be retarded which are the symptoms you are experiencing.

Unless you have recently had the rack out of the car, your SWPS is done.......

If you have had the rack out of the car then the problem may be that either the steering wheel or the rack was turned while the rack was out. This causes the SWPS to no longer be electronically centered and will result in the same symptoms.............
But why does it still do it when I turn off the TC/AH button?, I have even disconnected the SWPS connector and it still does it.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:26 PM
johnnyzvette
Racer

Is there any way to completely disable the tc/ah system other than the button on the center console?

Get notified of new replies

To TC/AH not working properly!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TC/AH not working properly!