C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure sensor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 01:36 PM
rroush99
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure sensor replacement

Hello all, I am about to replace my oil pressure sensor, and have come across 4 different threads on how to do this. I've decided that the best way to do it is to remove the intake manifold. That way, I can replace knock sensors, clean the throttle body, and swap out the PCV valve. The thread that I came across also recommends draining the coolant first. I don't really see a need for this, can anyone on here enlighten me as to why I should do that? Thanks!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:34 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

You have to disconnect the coolant hoses that run through the throttle body so you'd lose some coolant as you do so. I recommend you just couple the hoses together and then you don't have to mess with them again.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Kanmer
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

You do not need to drain coolant. You can pinch the hoses off then bypass the throttle body. Make sure you put a longer vacuum line on the back of the manifold in case you have to do this again. (Which is most likely to happen) Make sure if available, you replace the screen under the oil pressure sensor. Parts can tell you if its available.

Bob
Old 05-08-2014, 09:44 AM
3boystoys
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't have to do anything with any coolant when I took mine off to do the knock sensors. There was a very tiny amount that came out but nothing really.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:22 AM
LSGUN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't have one id suggest buying an oil pressure sensor socket most auto parts stores sell them makes it a painless swap I have replaced mine several times and its worth the money good luck bud

Get notified of new replies

To Oil pressure sensor replacement

Quick Reply: Oil pressure sensor replacement