C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one with Vararam expreiencee?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 12:46 PM
50BLKZ06
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any one with Vararam expreiencee?

I need some help! I'm installing the Vararam VR-B2 on my 03 Z06. I have it installed from the grill openings to the airbox. Now I just need to put the Power Duct in its place. My problem is that the red couplings that go between the airbox and the MAF, the MAF and the power duct and between the power duct and the throttle body are too small. When I hold the coupling next to the powerduct, MAF or throttle body they all appear to be the same size. I cannot get the coupling to fit over the top of the desired piece. Does anyone who has put this system together have any suggestions?
Old 05-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Dcollins3208
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No experience with Vararam, BUT, If it were me I would get one end started and use a flathead on the other end and wedge/pry it on
Old 05-07-2014, 01:00 PM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by 50BLKZ06
I need some help! I'm installing the Vararam VR-B2 on my 03 Z06. I have it installed from the grill openings to the airbox. Now I just need to put the Power Duct in its place. My problem is that the red couplings that go between the airbox and the MAF, the MAF and the power duct and between the power duct and the throttle body are too small. When I hold the coupling next to the powerduct, MAF or throttle body they all appear to be the same size. I cannot get the coupling to fit over the top of the desired piece. Does anyone who has put this system together have any suggestions?
Take your finger and wipe a light coat of oil on the inside of the rubber ....then start at the bottom and work your way around. Two people makes it go easier. I have taken a big flat head screwdriver to help stretch it around the TB.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:05 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Be careful you don't dint in the side of the air box connector forcing the coupler on. On mine, I just have the MAF forced inside the air box. A little heat applied to the plastic and it plugged right in.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:39 PM
50BLKZ06
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Pit-Man & lionelhutz! I have been fighting with this for a couple hours with a screwdriver, two screwdrivers & three screwdrivers! I'm going to try the oil and then the heat. Hopefully this will get it done. I just recognized that there are three slightly different sizes so maybe I just need to get them in the right order.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Callmon
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Correct

Originally Posted by 50BLKZ06
Thanks Pit-Man & lionelhutz! I have been fighting with this for a couple hours with a screwdriver, two screwdrivers & three screwdrivers! I'm going to try the oil and then the heat. Hopefully this will get it done. I just recognized that there are three slightly different sizes so maybe I just need to get them in the right order.
There are different size diameters for the hoses so you have to experiment a little to get the right fit. Also you may have to trim a little on the lengths to get the duct to sit right over the radiator shroud. Either way it will take some prying to get the hose over the TB and the duct to fit right. I found that the hose that looks smaller in diameter to the TB is the one to use. Not the one that looks slightly bigger. When I did mine I swore there was no way it could fit over the TB and the power duct, but eventually it fit together and works great so far. One of the hoses is just a coupling. MAF I installed close to the air box. This is all just my experience with my install-no expert.

Get notified of new replies

To Any one with Vararam expreiencee?

Quick Reply: Any one with Vararam expreiencee?