C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interior lights /drl problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 03:57 PM
pharestutt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default interior lights /drl problem

I just finished my engine swap and noticed my interior lights were not working.I did some searching on the forum and it turns out fuse # 6 inside the car keeps blowing.I don't think it is my light switch because it doesnt do it if I remove my DRLs or disconnect the whole front wiring harness. Also this morning I put the lights back in the fuse blew but the turn signal indicators stayed illuminated by themselves. The only thing else I think it can be is the flasher from advance I installed to fix DRL hyperflash
Old 04-23-2014, 07:24 PM
pharestutt
Instructor

Anybody
Old 04-24-2014, 11:20 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Did not see your request yesterday. Not at home with the FSM so I can't help until later. I have worked on a lot of lighting issues and will be glad to try and assist.

With that said when you say interior lights don't work that is very generic and I need specifics on what that means. Like the courtesy lights or the lights in the various devices like the HVAC or DIC switch buttons.

I assume fuse 6 you are talking about is in the I/P fuse box?

Also you provide NO info on why you had hyperfash of the turn signals and needed to install a Hyperflash device. Also please explain exactly how you put in the new flasher. I need to know everything.

Give me as much info as you can that might be relevant and then I'll see if I have more questions before we start diagnostics. Mr.Sam

PS: Also pull your DIC codes and let's see if anything shows up.

Last edited by dadaroo; 04-24-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:52 PM
pharestutt
Instructor

It was my dash lights drls and tail lights. I cleaned the ground associated with them It was oily and when I put it back they started working so they are functioning as of now

Get notified of new replies

To interior lights /drl problem

Quick Reply: interior lights /drl problem