C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil cooler port

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 PM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Oil cooler port

Is there another place you can install a port for the oil cooler? I am familiarly with the port above the oil filter where the oil temp sender is factory on the Z06, however I have the TPE relocation kit for the oil psi sender and I don't want to remove it. I also may have space constraints in the area where the oil lines would go on a cooler system that uses that port. So is there anywhere else that you can install one?

TPE kit, old thread but still has pictures.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...-relo-kit.html
Old 04-21-2014, 04:45 PM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

that is pretty much it.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:37 AM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
that is pretty much it.
Well crap.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:45 PM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll need a bit more information, but there are lots of options. Are you saying you don't want to remove the relocation kit becuase it's a PITA, or because you need it? The DRM system has ports for the oil cooler and a third hole for the oil pressure sensor. That's probably the easiest.

Option 2 is the Canton adapter which doesn't use the factory port at all, it relocates the entier filter and lets you put it anywhere you want. I run both systems on different cars.

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...ILTER-ADAPTER/

This ^^^ replaces the filter with the ability to plumb in two lines (obviously in and out).

You then use one of these:

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...-FILTER-MOUNT/

for the filter and either plug the two ports you don't need or run them to coolers, accusump, whatever.

Last edited by ScaryFast; 04-22-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:41 PM
sabastian458
Melting Slicks

I have to use the relocation kit, or similar kit for the ls2 swap. The tower for the factory sensor is too tall, causing the sensor to hit the intake/cowl area. Then with the turbo build, I want to minimize the amount of space everything takes up near the sides of the block so I can run large enough piping. Granted I have done ZERO measuring up til this point, I may actually have enough room for one of the filter relocation setups and put a cooler in that way. I was curious/hoping, that there was another area that one can/could be plumbed in at.

Get notified of new replies

To Oil cooler port

Quick Reply: Oil cooler port