C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Mirror Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 01:47 AM
Adam68
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Passenger Mirror Issue

On my '03, the outside pass mirror moves up/down, but NOT side/side.

Driver mirror works great. Any suggestions on where to start and/or fix.

Thanks
Old 04-21-2014, 10:13 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Most likely it is the motor. Could be the door module. Doubt it is the switch or wiring connection. A little testing can tell you which one it is with out throwing parts at it.

One motor makes the mirror go left or right. The design just makes the motor rotate one way or the other by reversing polarity since it is a DC motor.

If it were me, I would go into the door and remove the mirror connection to the door module. I would then jumper 12 volt DC power to the horizontal motor leads.

If you want to do this I can walk you thru it. The two wires that you want to use are Gray and Red/White. They can be accessed at one of two connectors. If you want to do this I can get you more info on the connectors so you don't put power on the wrong circuit like the position sensors if you have them.

Here is how to remove the door panel:

http://www.vetteessentials.com/instr...or_handle.html
Old 04-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Adam68
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default mirror

I will take this on soon and contact you for further direction.

Thanks
Originally Posted by dadaroo
Most likely it is the motor. Could be the door module. Doubt it is the switch or wiring connection. A little testing can tell you which one it is with out throwing parts at it.

One motor makes the mirror go left or right. The design just makes the motor rotate one way or the other by reversing polarity since it is a DC motor.

If it were me, I would go into the door and remove the mirror connection to the door module. I would then jumper 12 volt DC power to the horizontal motor leads.

If you want to do this I can walk you thru it. The two wires that you want to use are Gray and Red/White. They can be accessed at one of two connectors. If you want to do this I can get you more info on the connectors so you don't put power on the wrong circuit like the position sensors if you have them.

Here is how to remove the door panel:

http://www.vetteessentials.com/instr...or_handle.html
Old 04-21-2014, 12:14 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Sent you a PM with my phone number.

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger Mirror Issue

Quick Reply: Passenger Mirror Issue