C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wipers C5

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Tina59
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wipers C5

Help! I have read through most of the threads. I haven't seen one on my particular issue.

I have a 97. Last fall my wipers wouldn't work correctly. When I turned them off they didn't go all the way down, and sometimes wouldn't turn on at all. The guy at the Dealership said I needed a new motor, so $900 dollars later.....I have a new motor, and they filled up the wiper fluid.

Now its doing it again, but this time, they randomly come on and I can't get them to go off. I never know when I start the car if they will randomly go on, for no reason, or if it rains, whether I will have wipers at all.

Anyone have any idea? I was wondering if it could be a switch going out?

Anyone?
Old 04-16-2014, 07:42 PM
jrp1588
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 89 Posts

Holy crap, it costs $900 to have a wiper moter changed out? It took me about a half hour and $100 to do it myself. Take off the wiper cowl, look in the well and see what you can see. They probably didn't even clean out the well, so now it's filling with water. (same reason the first one failed probably)

It's a super easy job, DO NOT pay that cash again to have it done.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:17 PM
DIXZ
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I wold take it back to The guy at the Dealership with your receipt for $900 dollars and tell him to fix it properly.

I am not sure how the process works as I have never had a dealership do any work on my cars.

Best of luck!

Get notified of new replies

To Windshield Wipers C5

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers C5