C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the MINIMUM number of steps needed to remove an ignition switch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 04:24 PM
bighank
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Default What is the MINIMUM number of steps needed to remove an ignition switch?

Need to remove ignition switch from an Automatic C5. See posts saying remove the center console, knee bolster under drivers side then several torx screws on the instrument panel to get the plastic trim off in front of the switch. Have previously loosened center console to work on the shifter. What are the minimum things I have to remove to get the ignition switch out? Anyone have pictures or a link to this disassembly?

What if I just want to get to the 2 fine white wires which go to the sensors for the key pellet in the lock cylinder?
Have proper resistor value to bypass VATS and would like to ignore key pellet.

Last edited by bighank; 04-14-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:20 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

The VATS 2 wires do not go to the electrical switch but to the key mechanical cylinder. Not at home with my links. I will try to send you some info when I get home. Since these feed to the BCM, you could install a jumper near that location if you wanted to.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Here is the how to. Just did mine last night.. https://www.corvetteforum.com/c5-tec...ch-repair.html

Get notified of new replies

To What is the MINIMUM number of steps needed to remove an ignition switch?

Quick Reply: What is the MINIMUM number of steps needed to remove an ignition switch?