C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Oil Cooler Line Help (For DeWitt Radiator w/ EOC)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM
BryanPendleton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Oil Cooler Line Help (For DeWitt Radiator w/ EOC)

Got a Dewitt Radiator with integrated driver-side engine oil cooler on the way. I am looking to order up some fittings and lines for the oil supply and return.

I will be running 10-AN lines. I plan to run the Improved Racing Low Profile LS oil adapter, with their recommend 120-degree and 90-degree fittings coming off the adapter.

Questions are:
1) How many feet of line should I order for both the supply and return lines?
2) What are recommended fitting on the radiator/cooler side? Can I run straight swivel fittings?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:50 PM
sunchaser73
Racer

Originally Posted by BryanPendleton
Questions are:
1) How many feet of line should I order for both the supply and return lines? 3 to 4 feet should suffice
2) What are recommended fitting on the radiator/cooler side? Can I run straight swivel fittings? you should be able to use them
See answers above. Also, have you contacted DeWitt to see what they recommend?

For my answer to #2, I just made a quick eye-ball and it looks like straight swivel ends will work...you may want to mock up the new radiator/oil cooler and verify that you will be able to run the lines and keep them free of any chafing/rubbing. Depending on the way you route your hoses, keep an eye on where they are in relation to the power steering pump pulley...

Here's a link with a review of the install: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...-c6-lines.html
It might be useful to you...

Last edited by sunchaser73; 04-08-2014 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added link
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 PM
sunchaser73
Racer

Here's another thread on the subject: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...questions.html
Old 04-18-2014, 06:12 PM
BryanPendleton
Instructor

I was hoping to pre-order my fittings, but didn't have the confidence to order with minimal feedback.

I have speced my hose lengths at approximately 42" (3' 6") and 52" (4' 4"). I used 12-2 residential wire to mock up my lines. These lengths include a few extra inches in case of error. This assumes routing along the side of the motor, just outside the engine mount, over the leaf spring and straight to behind the radiator. I will be purchasing a 90deg fitting for the upper cooler fitting and 45deg for the lower fitting that make up to the Dewitt integrated engine oil cooler (left side).
Old 04-18-2014, 11:32 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanPendleton
I was hoping to pre-order my fittings, but didn't have the confidence to order with minimal feedback.

I have speced my hose lengths at approximately 42" (3' 6") and 52" (4' 4"). I used 12-2 residential wire to mock up my lines. These lengths include a few extra inches in case of error. This assumes routing along the side of the motor, just outside the engine mount, over the leaf spring and straight to behind the radiator. I will be purchasing a 90deg fitting for the upper cooler fitting and 45deg for the lower fitting that make up to the Dewitt integrated engine oil cooler (left side).
http://www.dewitts.com/collections/a...oil-hose-kit-1
Old 04-18-2014, 11:44 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

you have a parker store or other industrial hydraulic shop near by? ive found it's cheaper to buy hoses with real pressure fittings from local shops than deal with the automotive supply places. parker 801 hose is in every way superior to gates trans cooler hose. you can use push-lok barbs in low pressure applications and pressure fitting in high pressure

Get notified of new replies

To Engine Oil Cooler Line Help (For DeWitt Radiator w/ EOC)

Quick Reply: Engine Oil Cooler Line Help (For DeWitt Radiator w/ EOC)