C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C hissing fix

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Sguernsjr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C hissing fix

I have had this problem for a while on my '01 Z. When I turn the a/c on or off or go from vents to or from defrost, I hear a hiss until the door fully changes position. It has gotten stuck a few times, but mostly clears up on its own. I recently ordered and received the blend door actuator for the drivers side, which is the side that the hissing is coming from. Does the electric actuator have anything to do with the vacuum operated servo? Did I order the wrong part?

When I previously had the dash off, i was able to reach back there and move the servo by hand and it would leak until I moved it fully one way or the other. Will the part i ordered (door actuator with just a female electric receptacle and no vacuum connections whatsoever) work or do I need something else? And can anyone tell me what is actually happening? Thanks in advance
Old 03-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Sguernsjr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sguernsjr
I have had this problem for a while on my '01 Z. When I turn the a/c on or off or go from vents to or from defrost, I hear a hiss until the door fully changes position. It has gotten stuck a few times, but mostly clears up on its own. I recently ordered and received the blend door actuator for the drivers side, which is the side that the hissing is coming from. Does the electric actuator have anything to do with the vacuum operated servo? Did I order the wrong part?

When I previously had the dash off, i was able to reach back there and move the servo by hand and it would leak until I moved it fully one way or the other. Will the part i ordered (door actuator with just a female electric receptacle and no vacuum connections whatsoever) work or do I need something else? And can anyone tell me what is actually happening? Thanks in advance
Someone's gotta know something
Old 03-27-2014, 07:39 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Sguernsjr

I'm not an A/C guy....I usually go to an expert when I have a problem but the hissing could be a vacuum leak....run the vacuum test to check.

Get notified of new replies

To A/C hissing fix

Quick Reply: A/C hissing fix