C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Competitive Driving Mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 03:12 PM
calinator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Competitive Driving Mode

So what else does this do other than the obvious(TCS off AH on). I've noticed a stiffer pedal when on and it's supposed to make throttle response quicker right? I'm actually noticing maybe worse response in warmer weather with TCS off.

Also a main question is does TCS activate only when it says its active or is it holding back power on aggressive pulls when there isn't spin? Say from a 60 roll where I get no spin, will the power to the ground be exactly the same with TCS off and with TCS on or is it holding back?
Old 03-26-2014, 05:05 PM
liquidforce917
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calinator
Also a main question is does TCS activate only when it says its active or is it holding back power on aggressive pulls when there isn't spin? Say from a 60 roll where I get no spin, will the power to the ground be exactly the same with TCS off and with TCS on or is it holding back?
TCS will only be active when it says it is active. It will not be slowing you down when no wheel spin is detected. The brake pedal will not change in stiffness unless you are activating the ABS.
Also, the car may feel a little slower when it is running hot because the ECU is pulling timing to keep from pre-detonation (engine knock).

The C5 TCS/AHS is nothing out of this world in terms of advanced car control. it simply measures wheel speed at each corner and when one or more wheel is traveling at a rate significantly different than the others then the brakes will actuate in such a way to bring it back to a similar speed.

Hope this helps
Old 07-14-2020, 01:30 PM
romandian
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 78 Posts

what year is the car? if the c5z is like the base model, then the early years had no electr(on)ic brake proportioning. i put a heavier spring in the proportioning valve to get more rear bias.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:34 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,438 Likes on 14,048 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Moved over to the tech side. And do you realize this is a 6+ year old thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Competitive Driving Mode

Quick Reply: Competitive Driving Mode