C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling dope. Or anyone with his clutch write up

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 08:07 AM
AF Vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling dope. Or anyone with his clutch write up

Scoured the internet looking for this. Noticed it's pretty much down to saved word documents. If anyone has it could you please email it to me. Eric_hazlewood@hotmail. Thank you.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:35 AM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Did Dope have a C5 or C6 one?

C6 (idk if its from Dope): https://db.tt/7eBvK3NK

C5 Dope Install Word Doc: https://db.tt/64NapEC1

Last edited by nullpointer; 02-14-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Adding link for Dope word doc
Old 02-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AF Vette
Scoured the internet looking for this. Noticed it's pretty much down to saved word documents. If anyone has it could you please email it to me. Eric_hazlewood@hotmail. Thank you.
The link to Dope works and that is what I used this past week to replace the clutch , etc.
I did not remove the drivetrain only pulled back the drivetrain far enough back for the front main drive to clear the bellhousing. I took the emer. brake bracket off the backing plate by removing the 2 securing bolts, then just unhooked the brake cable. I tried to remove the shift **** could not budge the retaing pin at the top of the ****, I think it had forced on sometime in the past. I found that it did not need to be removed, just move boot around to remove bolts below. I bought two 6" (cut the heads off) long bolts that I placed in the bellhousing to help line up the front main shaft to mate with clutch splines. It can still get out of line, I tried to center up the torque tube while turning the 6" long bolts back and forth to make sure they were not in a bind. I think I could have used even longer bolts which I also used to pull the drivetrain back to the bellhousing since I was working by myself. I tried every trick to disconnect the slave ; cut it off and used screwdriver to release. I would get the tool if I had to do again.
This was not as bad as I thought it would be.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:18 PM
AF Vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the links as well. I couldn't get any of dopes links to work. Oh well. I appreciate it a lot once again.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:55 PM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for posting this, I'm going to be dropping my whole transmission next weekend so any info right now is tremendously helpful

I was also looking for this write-up but couldn't find any links that weren't dead

Get notified of new replies

To Calling dope. Or anyone with his clutch write up

Quick Reply: Calling dope. Or anyone with his clutch write up