C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical pin-out question - ignition relay under hood fuse block

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 08:55 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Electrical pin-out question - ignition relay under hood fuse block

Long story, race car project, complete rewire of car. Need to hit the ignition relay (next to the maxifuses on the under hood fuse/relay block) with an aftermarket relay switch. However, I can't find anything on the C1 pin-out that indicates ignition relay.

So on the under hood fuse block ignition relay (the micro relay that powers up all the other sends, PCM, ABS, throttle control, etc) which pin on the backside do I need to hit with the aftermarket ignition switch to catch the relay? There is no relay ignition pin on the pinout, and I can't even read the circuit number on my manual for the relay (one is 451, ground, the other is either 259 or 239, or 289). the print is tiny, or my eyes are getting sucky. Any help for the pin number on the underhood C1 block to hit the ignition relay from the switch would be great.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:12 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

In my 2001 FSM there is only one relay related to ignition, ignition 1 relay # 42. It provides power to 2 fuses that feed the left and right ignition coils. There is NO pin out for the relay, only for the fuses which are on different circuits. I am not sure any relays have pin outs. Normally they feed fuses that in turn have pin outs.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to power/de-power. There are a ton of power feeds to all these different modules and multiple ones to some of them like the PCM. I think I can work with you to get you want you want. We will need to make sure our fuse box relays and fuses are numbered the same or reconcile any differences. If I knew your year I could check that out. If we need to talk on the phone that might help. Feel free to PM me with your number. I am in the next state, SC.

If you just want another way to kill ignition power looks like the above fuse pin outs could do it. I would use a double pole single throw switch to kill both, if I remember my terminology correctly.

I verified I was correct. DPST would provide connection and disconnection for each circuit while keeping each separate from the other.

Last edited by dadaroo; 02-05-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:50 PM
drivinhard
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I had tried A11 on the C2 block last night, but was one row off when hooking up

But a friend suggested the same, and I doubled checked my grounds and pins and corrected, success
Old 02-03-2014, 08:15 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Hey, I didn't think that you might just want to disrupt the relay coil ground to disable the relay. That pin out on C1 is A3 and that ground wire is Black/White. Doing this would be easier since it would be one wire.

For the previous fuse pin outs I show E2 and A6, both are pink wires.

This is from my 2001 FSM. Let me know if I can help further.

Get notified of new replies

To Electrical pin-out question - ignition relay under hood fuse block

Quick Reply: Electrical pin-out question - ignition relay under hood fuse block