C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Add a USB Port possible

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 09:39 PM
VandykeT/A
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add a USB Port possible

Is it possible to add a USB port to the stock stereo in a 04 z06? Short of using a fm transmitter I don't know how else to play music from my phone. Is it possible to add a USB port? I'm low tech when it comes to this stuff. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:30 AM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
Is it possible to add a USB port to the stock stereo in a 04 z06? Short of using a fm transmitter I don't know how else to play music from my phone. Is it possible to add a USB port? I'm low tech when it comes to this stuff. Thanks.
Have you thought of just adding an Aux jack? Check this thread out. It is a well documented step-by-step how-to
Old 01-18-2014, 10:40 AM
DanSavage
Safety Car

Received 175 Likes on 77 Posts

If you have a cassette player, you could go with an iDeck.

I got one and it works well with my iPod Nano. It's also designed to work with the iPhone.

See:
Amazon.com: iDeck Integrated Car Cassette Adapter for iPod: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: iDeck Integrated Car Cassette Adapter for iPod: MP3 Players & Accessories

The good thing about the iDeck vs. the FM transmitter is that the audio comes out of the docking port instead of the headphone jack, so you get full fidelity.

It also allows you to run the iWhatever off car power instead of internal battery. It charges the iWhatever while it's plugged into the car power.

It also included an integrated Aux jack if you wanted to run a standard MP3 player, etc.

All in all, I think it's a pretty good deal for $39.99. I'm happy with mine. I just pop it into the cassette deck, plug in the 12v adapter into the cigarette lighter and play music off the iPod.

I also like it because it holds the iWhatever at eyeball height so it's easy to see/adjust.

Last edited by DanSavage; 01-18-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Chilliwack vettes
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GCG
Have you thought of just adding an Aux jack? Check this thread out. It is a well documented step-by-step how-to

It works great.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:06 AM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A cassette player, lol.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:12 AM
E2EKI3L
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can sell you and my Double Din center console and the radio DVD layer, Bluetooth JV

I have my center console done by me and I had it for a little less than a yr. I'm looking to do a new project on my car. I want to install a plug and play Samsung galaxy note 8.0 into the center console.

Last edited by E2EKI3L; 01-20-2014 at 09:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Get notified of new replies

To Add a USB Port possible

Quick Reply: Add a USB Port possible