C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

led light swap help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 10:24 PM
demon81
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default led light swap help

I just recieved the white led replacement bulbs for the door panel mounted window and lock controls.the install instructions include a note regarding having to trim the pieces to make them fit.anybody have additional info or experience on this swap?these are the same bulbs for the traction control light,fog lights,trunk release lights.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:10 PM
dimler
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demon81
I just recieved the white led replacement bulbs for the door panel mounted window and lock controls.the install instructions include a note regarding having to trim the pieces to make them fit.anybody have additional info or experience on this swap?these are the same bulbs for the traction control light,fog lights,trunk release lights.
Just put the same in my doors!!!! CAUTION !! CAUTION !!
Use a Dremel type grinder and grind down the diameter of the thin circuit board just below the LED itself. ALSO GRIND the interior of the area where the LED is being placed. This is all because the post and LED diameter is bigger than the hole it's going into. Use a tapered shaped grinding wheel.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 AM
rwlc5
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

I had to trim the bulbs that I used, but what I did was trim down a bit of the tab that locks the bulb into place. I just shave a little of the outside of the tab and it fit fine. I would be very hesitant about enlarging the hole in the circuit board.

Get notified of new replies

To led light swap help

Quick Reply: led light swap help