C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

goofy headlights?

Old 01-03-2014, 03:29 PM
1ST-C5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goofy headlights?

Passenger side fine. The other goes up 30 %. Power down and it closes completely the opens 1 inch. No funny noises or clicking. Anyone?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:17 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Unfortunately, according to my 2001 FSM there are no codes related to the headlight doors to help. This weird operation seems like a control module issue but could be a BCM issue but I doubt it. If you know someone willing to loan you their control module that is what I would do to see if that corrects the situation.

The other basic items related to door issues are:
Gears
Motors
Connectors
Multifunction Switch (if this were bad I would think both doors would be affected)

Here is what the module looks like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-04-Corvette-C5-Headlight-Actuator-Relay-Module-/111249056065?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19e6f5e141&vxp=mtr
If you go the route of trying another module and need guidance on that let us know. Not real hard but you need to know a couple of things. It is located under the passenger side headlight door.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 AM
1ST-C5
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good start.

I have a local vett salvage yard and maybe he will loan a tester. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To goofy headlights?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: goofy headlights?