C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn not working..fuse is good

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 10:19 PM
ebatters
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn not working..fuse is good

01 Cp M6 I had never tried the horn until I was cut off a few days ago. The #11 fuse is good - I replaced it anyway just to check. Where should I look next?
Thanks
Old 11-02-2013, 10:44 PM
ebatters
Advanced

Thanks - I'll pull and replace the relay tomorrow - assuming I can get one at AutoZone - and go from there.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:25 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Here is the 2001 wiring schematic. If the relay does not fix it, let us know so we can do more diagnostics.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:22 PM
ebatters
Advanced

The relay tested OK at Autozone so I put it back...horn did not work. I pulled into the garage tonight, tuned off lights, shut the engine off..tried the horn ...it worked ..twice..
I restarted the car...the horn did not work..nor did it after several cycles on moving, shutting down etc. Could it be the switch in the steering wheel?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 PM
ebatters
Advanced

Thanks...the membrane looks like the answer....I wonder if there is a service that will take the assembly for rebuild...the write-up is pretty emphatic about not doing it as a novice....Almost everything I do on this car is my first time but this one is a bit concerning
Old 11-04-2013, 07:20 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

I agree with 8VETTE7, if you can use the remote to have the BCM activate the horn with consistency, then the problem should be in the steering wheel/column. Most likely the switches.

Just make sure you disconnect the battery (the negative side will do) before you monkey around with the airbag.

Get notified of new replies

To Horn not working..fuse is good

Quick Reply: Horn not working..fuse is good