C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering column cover removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Steering column cover removal

How do I get this thing off? I found the two screws on the lower cover and now it is hanging loose... though I cant get it over the tilt lever. The top cover however still feels like it is attached somewhere.

I'm hoping I don't have to remove the knee panel...which looks like it requires the center console to come out...
Old 10-24-2013, 05:47 PM
ace147
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MawneeC5
How do I get this thing off? I found the two screws on the lower cover and now it is hanging loose... though I cant get it over the tilt lever. The top cover however still feels like it is attached somewhere.

I'm hoping I don't have to remove the knee panel...which looks like it requires the center console to come out...
3 screws plus a trim band at the back. Two through the bottom and one from inside to top. Drop the colum all the way down. It helps.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:30 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the helps guys. Got it done
Old 04-19-2018, 08:45 PM
DCrooke
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of screws hold the bottom cover on? I have a c5 (bought used) and I don't think the bottom column cover ever had screws in it....it's just hanging in place.

Get notified of new replies

To Steering column cover removal

Quick Reply: Steering column cover removal