C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Right front turn signal not working but hazards do

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Dobis17
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right front turn signal not working but hazards do

I have a dilemma. My 2001 C5 Z06 indicator is not working properly. When I move the lever for the right turn signal the flasher works twice as fast as normal but not arrow is visible in the dash and the bulb at the right front does not signal. Both Hazards, Both DRL's, and the left front work correctly. The rears all operate correctly as well. The only issues is the right front turn signal. I swapped the bulb with a working one just in case and no help. I also removed the right front harnesses from the car and feed 12 Volts to the to the socket for via the blue turn signal wire and that worked correctly, the bulb lit up. I tried to install the flasher as mentioned to the pink and purple wires underneath the dash to by pass the hazard switch but that only reduce the turn signal speed to normal for the right indicator but did not let illuminate the bulb at the corner of the car or the dash. The right rear turn signal is working properly so I am assuming that the T/S switch is working. I did removed the T/S switch for fun looking for contact issues and that checked out okay.

The only thing that might be left is the wiring for front the T/S switch to where it splits off for front and rear.

Any help would be appreciated. I have many hours invested and the car is pretty tore apart. I do not have any wiring diagrams for anything either.

Looking for some advice,
Brian
Old 10-20-2013, 11:18 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

The wiring doesn't split for the front and rear. The turn signal switch has separate contacts for the front and rear signals. My guess would be it's the turn signal switch.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Dobis17
2nd Gear

I replaced the right rear bulbs last night after someone suggested. No help.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 10-25-2013, 11:17 PM
ace147
Advanced

Originally Posted by lionelhutz
The wiring doesn't split for the front and rear. The turn signal switch has separate contacts for the front and rear signals. My guess would be it's the turn signal switch.

Hazards are separate and rely just on the hazard switch and relay. Turns are the stalk switch. Try cleaning the connector with electronics cleaner from the auto parts store before spending $200 on the stalk though.

Get notified of new replies

To Right front turn signal not working but hazards do

Quick Reply: Right front turn signal not working but hazards do