C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Condenser Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 05:01 PM
steven31371
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AC Condenser Question

Hey guys, I'm converting my vert to a full time track day car, and removing HVAC etc....I was wondering, can the AC condenser/radiator thats in front of the coolant radiator be flushed out and replumbed to use as a double engine coolant radiator?

Seems like it might be a better option than spending $1000 on an upgraded radiator?
Old 10-01-2013, 05:05 PM
slocobra
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

passages are smaller and would probably be prone to clogging up. Not to mention a aftermarket radiator would do the job, have less fittings or connections to leak during severe duty use. not to mention leaving it in there along with whatever fittings you would use to hook it up is weight, which I would assume on a track only car, would be the first thing you would want to keep at a minimum.

Nice radiator can be had for well less than 1K
Old 10-01-2013, 05:34 PM
steven31371
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slocobra
passages are smaller and would probably be prone to clogging up. Not to mention a aftermarket radiator would do the job, have less fittings or connections to leak during severe duty use. not to mention leaving it in there along with whatever fittings you would use to hook it up is weight, which I would assume on a track only car, would be the first thing you would want to keep at a minimum.

Nice radiator can be had for well less than 1K
Got it, thanks....and yeah, I'm taking the wole car apart getting rid of almost every scrap of weight that I can.

Get notified of new replies

To AC Condenser Question

Quick Reply: AC Condenser Question