C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Older HID Low Beam Flickering

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 05:16 PM
AnteVenom
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Daytona Jam 1 Veteran

Default Older HID Low Beam Flickering

I have 1999 C5 with one of the original version of the HID conversions kits installed. All has worked remarkably well for quite sometime now but for the last couple of months the drivers side light comes on, then starts to flicker and eventually goes out.

I don't remember the vendor but the kit is a Galaxy Power HID, Vision Plus Xenon light conversion kit.

I have been able to just work the lights on/off along with switching to hi beams and back and eventually the light will come on and stay on but it seems to be happening ore often and it's harder to get it to stay on.

I searched the Tech forum for HID Flickering and just flickering but do not see anything that looks like this problem at a glance.

Thanks in advance for your help with this issue. All serious replies are appreciated.

Chuck
Old 08-17-2013, 12:45 AM
s'noJob
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My drivers side HID low beam flickered from new and I had the ballast replaced under warranty.

Never flickered again.

Quick Reply: Older HID Low Beam Flickering