C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the best injector to buy.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 09:32 AM
mhunter1788
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best injector to buy.

Fully built my c5 383 stroker. Ls6 ported heads huge cam. Fast 102 intake nw102 throttle body.. a&a 4in intake pipe to 102 maf to air filter. 4200 stall. 411 gears. Long tube headers. No cats with corsa mufflers n exhaust. Ls6 water n oil pump. Fast fuel rails holley valve covers.. etc. Tuner said Ima need 55# injectors. what's yal opinion and what is best brand to get?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Must_Have_Z
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 105 Posts

I got Injector Dynamics for my H/C/I build. Pricey, but they come with all characteristic data to give your tuner all the data he possibly needs to get the most of out of your build.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Must_Have_Z
I got Injector Dynamics for my H/C/I build. Pricey, but they come with all characteristic data to give your tuner all the data he possibly needs to get the most of out of your build.
I have a pretty beefed up 5.7 02 ZO6 (pretty close to your bolt ons) and I have 42s. If your tuner says 55s, that most likely what you need. Mine is the stock bore and stroke but has a BIG cam and ported 11.1 heads, ported FAST 90, vararam, stainless works headers wit 3" mid pipe and cat back.

I agree with "Must_Have_Z" in that what ever injectors you get, the characteristic data is very important and needs to be adjusted into your tune!

BC
Old 08-15-2013, 09:05 AM
mhunter1788
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
I have a pretty beefed up 5.7 02 ZO6 (pretty close to your bolt ons) and I have 42s. If your tuner says 55s, that most likely what you need. Mine is the stock bore and stroke but has a BIG cam and ported 11.1 heads, ported FAST 90, vararam, stainless works headers wit 3" mid pipe and cat back.

I agree with "Must_Have_Z" in that what ever injectors you get, the characteristic data is very important and needs to be adjusted into your tune!

BC
Thanks! Yeah they are $920 for my car and same as a local tuner told me to get. Are they the only brand that comes with the data? They are the only brand thats like a grand for 8 ..most are like $400... I see alot of ppl using fast injectors with their fast set up..

also.. does anyone kno what hood is used for ppl running a A&A kit with the 4" pipe from tb to intercooler? Stock hood wont fit.. may cut...

Get notified of new replies

To whats the best injector to buy.

Quick Reply: whats the best injector to buy.