C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fans won't start with A/C

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 03:02 AM
Teqsand
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fans won't start with A/C

Hey all....

Frustrated here..... 01 C5Z both side blow warm air... checked the actuators and seem to work.... I noticed the radiator fans do not come on when I turn on the A/C

any thoughts?

oh, and no codes in the DIC
Old 07-07-2013, 04:04 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Sounds like the compressor is not kicking on. Did you visually check to see if the compressor is locking up when the A/C is on. There are a few relays in he engine compartment that control the A/C. My bro's vette had a bad relay that was about $10 bucks to replace.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Teqsand
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate all the responses..... It's fixed...

What I thought was a problem wasn't... I had the 134 topped off a few weeks ago, so I totally eliminated it from the equation, but, the tech who did it failed to make sure the fill point valves were seated, one was leaking slightly... over a that period it slowly lost enough charge to not get cold but not kick a code either....

bottom line, recharged and is like an icebox in there now....
Old 07-07-2013, 01:24 PM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Teqsand
Appreciate all the responses..... It's fixed...

What I thought was a problem wasn't... I had the 134 topped off a few weeks ago, so I totally eliminated it from the equation, but, the tech who did it failed to make sure the fill point valves were seated, one was leaking slightly... over a that period it slowly lost enough charge to not get cold but not kick a code either....

bottom line, recharged and is like an icebox in there now....
Awesome.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 PM
robert21122
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my problem was the actuators, but they still worked to. the passenger side blows really hard and cold. So what i did was slowly work the temp down after i had reset the codes. but if you do reset them,the ac it will blow warm. so try that it worked for me. i spent maybe 5 to 10 sec's on each number starting at 75 then going down to 60.

Get notified of new replies

To Fans won't start with A/C

Quick Reply: Fans won't start with A/C