C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

c1296 Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Ohyoufan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c1296 Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor

My car just started throwing a c1296 code for the brake fluid pressure sensor and after researching it seems like the only people who have issues with this are the 01+ guys that have the sensor located on the EBCM. My car's a 1999 and I can't find out where this sensor is located at!? Can somebody point me in the direction on the sensor, I want to say it's the one right below the brake fluid reservoir that all the lines are attached to but I'm not sure. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,958 Likes on 5,346 Posts

The Brake Pressure Sensor (JL4) is attached to the side of the front of the brake combination valve, left front of master cylinder

I am attaching the diagnostic procedure so you can check things before deciding which part if any to replace.

Bill
Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Ohyoufan
Pro

Cool, appreciate it, I'll give it a look. I forgot to also add that it does it whenever it wants to, but 95% of the time it's only when cold when first started in the mornings.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

If you have a JL4, this is what it will look like this pig tailled sensor on the back of the Brake Pressure Module:

Old 07-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Ohyoufan
Pro

I definitely have the JL4 option, but on the pics you posted, isn't that 01+ style only, my car doesn't doesn't have that harness in that spot?
Old 07-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Yes, Its a 2001.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Ohyoufan
Pro

Alright, today I cleaned up the grounding blocks right next to the headlight buckets and peeled back the wire loom to expose the wires connecting to the sensor and there's no sign on damaged wires. Maybe it is just the sensor that's bad? I finally found a thread that might help http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...cm-sensor.html but am wondering if this "conversion" will work on my car since my car's sensor isn't located in the front like in Bill's photo, mines underneath in front of the brake booster.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Ohyoufan
Pro

Never mind, I peeled back some more of the wire loom and I guess wiggled a wire in the process, I left my house to go grab a Red Bull and I never received the code again, so it's one of the wires I peeled the loom back from, thanks guys!
Old 01-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Ohyoufan
Pro

Alright, this ridiculous code is back once again, but only intermittently. I'll drive and it will be set off, clear the code and it won't come back until another drive. It gets set a few times a day, but not instantly after cranking the car, just randomly in the middle of a drive. Here's the issue I'm faced with now, I'm in the process of selling my car to a guy and his big deal was wanting no codes, and now this just popped up again, so I need this fixed ASAP. I have a JL4 pre-01 EBCM so my brake fluid pressure sensor is right underneath the brake fluid reservoir where all of the brake line plumbing is. I'm soo stumped, I've tried to trace back wires and everything. Could wheel sensor connections cause this since they are somehow linked?

Get notified of new replies

To c1296 Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor

Quick Reply: c1296 Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor