C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forgot to label 2 identical connectors.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:58 PM
DooDooBear1999
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forgot to label 2 identical connectors.

Pulled my old LS1 intake today and forgot to label (like a moron) the 2 identical connectors that run behind the intake. One runs to the MAP sensor, the other runs to the sensor circled in red on the second photo. I am assuming the shorter one (circled in red in the first photo) runs to the MAP sensor since it feels stretched when connected to the sensor in picture 2. Don't want to start the car and find out they're swapped in a few days. Which is which? Thanks in advance.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM
dblerman
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looking at pics from when I had my intake off, the gray one goes to MAP sensor and black one goes to cam position sensor.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:15 PM
DooDooBear1999
Pro

Originally Posted by dblerman
Looking at pics from when I had my intake off, the gray one goes to MAP sensor and black one goes to cam position sensor.
Thanks for that. Can't believe I went full retard and didn't either note the color or label them when I disconnected them.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:18 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Another thing to remember is, the wire colors should be the same for the connectors. I don't think I have ever seen a wiring diagram where they change at a connector for the C5. I am quite certain that the wire colors would be different for each circuit/system. Not home now, but could validate with the FSM if you need it.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM
DooDooBear1999
Pro

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Another thing to remember is, the wire colors should be the same for the connectors. I don't think I have ever seen a wiring diagram where they change at a connector for the C5. I am quite certain that the wire colors would be different for each circuit/system. Not home now, but could validate with the FSM if you need it.

Shouldn't need that. I actually have the FSM here but didn't know that it had much about wiring in it. I found a picture from a thread earlier this year that shows the cam position sensor being black and I'm planning on matching wire colors up just to be sure when I go to put everything back together.

Get notified of new replies

To Forgot to label 2 identical connectors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forgot to label 2 identical connectors.