C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ac idler(new)-washers/spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 10:27 PM
phil068
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ac idler(new)-washers/spacers?

I just finished my balancer replacement and when I started the car noticed a tick/rattle. To make a long story short i know it is the ac idler. Took the accessory drive off, noise still there, took ac belt off, quiet as mouse. I just replaced both the ac idler and tentioner about a month ago with gates models and all was good. When i was re-installing i think i put it on too tight and the washer/dust gaurd from the back was binding with the pulley. So i tossed it as the gates model doesnt require it anyway. Can anyone tell me if there is another washer/spacer I may have missed? do i need to add washers of some sort. Really pissed that after balancer and chain replacement am having so much trouble with an idler
Old 04-26-2013, 11:16 PM
phil068
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fixed it.Took off the large thin washer that was under the head of the bolt and put a smaller and thicker one on. Worked like a charm. Didnt seem bent but I am guessing it must have been

Quick Reply: ac idler(new)-washers/spacers?