C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 A4 Adding TSP headers w/ GHL bullets.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 AM
VETTEBA
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 A4 Adding TSP headers w/ GHL bullets.

Does anyone have some sound clips? Ideal how much louder or different the exhaust will sound adding the headers w/ hi flow cats?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:35 AM
VETTEBA
Intermediate

Bump
Old 04-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,584 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

GHL has excellent exhaust. Bullets are pretty loud but sound good.

Exhaust noise or NOTE is so subjective that unless you actually listen to a particular system, you will never be sure that you will like it or can tolerate the interior cabin noise or drone. One of the key elements of an exhaust system is if it has DRONE or not.....

Find a system that you like or think that you like and actually ride in the car. If it has excessive drone, you will soon be annoyed and have to search for something else.

You live in Jersey. You have NUMEROUS opportunities to go to Corvette Functions or local tuners and actually listen to installed systems.

Look in the EVENTS & REGIONAL in the northeast section for something happening near you: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/northeast-40/ so you can expierence the actual sound.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM
VETTEBA
Intermediate

I have the GHL catback already and love it!! I was wondering more how the headers with hi flow cats will effect the tone.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:16 PM
igtabg1
Racer

I have those headers with slp loudmouths no cats and there loud !!! Like can't talk on the cell phone loud but I love it ... Here's a YouTube video of it on the dyno
Old 04-22-2013, 04:15 PM
VETTEBA
Intermediate

That car sounds mean at WOT!! Very nice. How do you like the TSP headers?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 PM
igtabg1
Racer

Thanks !! I like them ... And I love the price ... I ordered the midpipe from Texas speed and they bolted up to my borla x pipe using the band clamps ... I installed them in my garage on jack stands and used ls1howto as a guide .. It's pretty straight forward.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:45 PM
sbulla
Racer

Originally Posted by VETTEBA
Does anyone have some sound clips? Ideal how much louder or different the exhaust will sound adding the headers w/ hi flow cats?
I had GHL Bullets with the stock system for awhile and they were fairly tame. When I installed the LG Street LT's, high flow cat and x-pipe, they became a different BEAST!

The car got at least three times louder and very aggressive sounding. It was a good sound although too loud for my tastes as my job is an Audio Technician and I need to use my ears daily so, I opted to sell the GHL's and go with a Corsa Touring system I found used.

Now I have just the right amount of exhaust note that I can hear inside and it barks pleasantly when I mash the go pedal.

Yeah, headers will make the GHL's "come alive"!

Sorry, no vids.

Sonny
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 AM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by igtabg1
Thanks !! I like them ... And I love the price ... I ordered the midpipe from Texas speed and they bolted up to my borla x pipe using the band clamps ... I installed them in my garage on jack stands and used ls1howto as a guide .. It's pretty straight forward.

How did you get the driver side in? I have the car 20" off the ground then got the front higher up without the collector hitting the ground while trying to wiggle it in from the bottom and it just won't go. Is it possible to go in from the top by removing the steering shaft?
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 AM
ZoLOW
Instructor

If they are anywhere like Kooks 1 7/8's I got mine in from the top on both sides but it was a long difficult experience ..... I keep saying if I ever get another car and I'm putting exhaust on it I will pay someone to do it but I always forget and do it myself and say the same thing again
Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

I put headers on my '06 GTO and '08 C6 and those were a breeze compared to this crap. The whole time I was trying not to scratch up the headers but then after awhile I got tired of it not going in and said smurf it. If it wasn't for that damn odd shaped oil pan it would just drop right in from the top. Time to see how to remove the steering shaft.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:53 PM
igtabg1
Racer

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
I put headers on my '06 GTO and '08 C6 and those were a breeze compared to this crap. The whole time I was trying not to scratch up the headers but then after awhile I got tired of it not going in and said smurf it. If it wasn't for that damn odd shaped oil pan it would just drop right in from the top. Time to see how to remove the steering shaft.
No sir didnt have to remove the steering shaft, I did have to get creative with the floor jack. I used a phone book and a 2 x 4 to get the front of the vette up to the point where it was scary lol but the driver side goes in from the bottom and the passenger goes in from the top. BTW I also have the bat wing oil pan. hope this helps.
Chuck
Old 04-25-2013, 04:22 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Finally got it. Removed the steering shaft and valve cover and it slipped right in.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:24 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Had an ARP header bolt snap (in the middle where there's 2 bolts) on the passenger side with 1/4" stub sticking out. Hopefully I don't get an exhaust leak or else I'm going to cry.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:09 PM
igtabg1
Racer

Right on man !!! And sorry to the op for hijacking your thread...

Get notified of new replies

To C5 A4 Adding TSP headers w/ GHL bullets.

Quick Reply: C5 A4 Adding TSP headers w/ GHL bullets.