C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU flash to stock

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM
magnoman
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default ECU flash to stock

My ECU has had to many hands on it trying to get my tune correct afte a Cam install .There is a intermittent bug that no one can figure out , I have HP tuners , been to two tuning shops. Was suggested that I have the ECU flashed back to stock them start over with tune . Do I need to go to dealer to have this done?
Old 03-22-2013, 06:51 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

You didn't save the starting tune? Or was it not stock?

Do you know how to use the HPT compare feature? You could go to the HPT site, find a stock tune for your car and change things back one at a time.

It is time consuming, but not really hard.

Ron
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 PM
magnoman
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I dont have stock tune car was tuned for Vara ram and headers when I got it , ran fine did a cam and had it retuned by two very good shops and have a idle dipping stalling issue that is very intermittent no one kind find the issue including me I have been trying little tweaks all winter but can not fid the problem . I did do a compare with other tues and stock tunes but it was suggested by shop to just have it flashed and start over that the ECU might have been corrupted some how ?
If I go to Dealer can there flash it back to OEM stock ?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 PM
alextz
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you do a search you will find a stock tune. I would take your tune, download the stock tune posted here not that long ago and do a compare and just change everything back.

at least thats what I would do
Old 03-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

The dealer can flash it back to stock.

This is also a good resource for stock tunes but they are in EFILive format.

http://www.tunefiledepot.com/
Old 03-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 315 Likes on 270 Posts

Find a good tuner who uses HPTuners software and have them send you a pid file to load for a performance scan into your unit. Take a good 20-30 minute scan log doing the usually recommended drive cycle---steady drive, accel, decel, idle, etc. and send it to them. With good information a GOOD tuner will be able to eliminate your problems in one or two steps. If you had a radical cam, aftermarket MAF, 60lb+ injectors then you might have to recalculate the MAF and VE but otherwise, find someone who understands tuning from a log file. Information is king.

Get notified of new replies

To ECU flash to stock

Quick Reply: ECU flash to stock