C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Fuel Pressure

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Deception
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Fuel Pressure

I have a 2004 z06, with a novi supercharger. The car has been sitting for approximately four months. Last week I fully charged the battery. Yesterday, the car stated up immediately and I let it run for about 5 - 10 mins. Three hours later I started the car up again, but while pulling it into the garage it shut off, exactly the same as if I turned the car off.

Now it won't start at all. Fuel pressure gauge shows 0. I swapped the FP relay with the horn and still read 0. I hotwired the relay and got 12 volts with the key in the "on" position. I checked the ground in the driverside rear wheelwell and it looked fine. I don't hear the fuel pump turn on. Are there any connections I can check closer to the fuel pump to ensure it has power?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:32 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

do you have an inline fuse? I had a similar issue and the fuse in the inline holder from the BAP "looked" fine but when I pulled it out it disinegrated...replaced the inline holder and has been good ever since
Old 03-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Deception
Pro

Originally Posted by pewter99
do you have an inline fuse? I had a similar issue and the fuse in the inline holder from the BAP "looked" fine but when I pulled it out it disinegrated...replaced the inline holder and has been good ever since
That's a great question Pewter. Forgive my ignorance but where is the fuse normally located for a BAP? Is it usually in the driver side rear wheel well?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:33 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by Deception
That's a great question Pewter. Forgive my ignorance but where is the fuse normally located for a BAP? Is it usually in the driver side rear wheel well?
well.........once you locate your BAP module it should be easy to trace the red power wire and look for an inline fuse link ..mine was mounted/tucked up near my battery...
Old 03-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Deception
Pro

Originally Posted by pewter99
well.........once you locate your BAP module it should be easy to trace the red power wire and look for an inline fuse link ..mine was mounted/tucked up near my battery...
You were right! It has an MSD BAP next to the battery with an inline fuse in the battery compartment. Sure enough, the fuse is blown. I'll pick up a new fuse tomorrow and give it a shot. There may be an issue with the MSD BAP as I've been reading they've been known to have problems.

Thanks for your help Pewter, much appreciated.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

You were right! It has an MSD BAP next to the battery with an inline fuse in the battery compartment. Sure enough, the fuse is blown. I'll pick up a new fuse tomorrow and give it a shot. There may be an issue with the MSD BAP as I've been reading they've been known to have problems.

Thanks for your help Pewter, much appreciated.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Deception
Pro

Fuse popped immediately. I'll start tracing the wires this weekend and see what I can find.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Fuse popped immediately. I'll start tracing the wires this weekend and see what I can find.
ok well at least I think you found your problem...sounds like you have short somewhere in your hot wire....maybe worn through insulation.

I hate electrical problems
Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Pilot of Beer Force 1
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Doesn't everyone...............
I dunno I think Bill Curlee lies awake at night hoping for a new one he hasn't solved
Old 03-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Deception
Pro

Finally got a chance to get back to the car. The MSD BAP was absolutely the source of the issue. We bypassed the unit and the car started right up with 60 lbs of pressure. Guess I'll have to spring for a Kenne Bell BAP. Anything else I should buy besides the BAP? Wiring is already in place for the MSD.

Get notified of new replies

To No Fuel Pressure

Quick Reply: No Fuel Pressure