C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which are better t1 sway bars or zr1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 11:30 PM
scott88
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default which are better t1 sway bars or zr1?

I was thinking about upgrading my sway bars on my frc. Which is a better setup T1 bars or the new zr1 bars? I am just using the car on the street and will not be doing any track days.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:07 PM
superjet701k
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scott88
I was thinking about upgrading my sway bars on my frc. Which is a better setup T1 bars or the new zr1 bars? I am just using the car on the street and will not be doing any track days.
Both are way to stiff for a street car. It will skip in corners if pavement is alike ruff. I recommend and have 2013 z51 bars and shocks huge diffrance over stock and over your sways. Plus way cheaper . Zr1 bars need those wide tires to hold the bars on the road.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:19 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Suspension is designed to work as a package; shocks, sways, springs and tires.

Not pick one.

making a minor change maybe ok the C6Z51 sway bars or JOC would be OK. But also check your shocks. They might need replacing too.

I run a full T1 suppression and ROCKS would be softer for street driving.

But on the road course, high speed smooth corners are great.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:21 PM
ipuig
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Suspension is designed to work as a package; shocks, sways, springs and tires.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 PM
scott88
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ttt

I am running 19/19 with coilovers and a big brake kit . I am looking for the best sway bars to compliment what i have and am looking for pro's and con's. Sorry i guess i should have put out all the facts in my orginal post.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM
Solofast
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Sway bars have to be matched to tires and springs. There is no right or wrong specific ones, so long as the entire packge produces the right balance and stiffness.

You haven't said if this is a dedicated track car, an occasional track use car or a daily driver. And you didn't say what spring rates you are running, or what tire widths you have, and what tires you are using. As a result there really isn't anything that can be said to help you other than to point you to the Pfadt site where they have a graph of most all of the sway bars for these cars and you can see the relative stiffnesses.

Coil overs tend to be stiffer than stock springs, and that's fine, but coupling up stiffer springs with monster bars can result in something that will have you reaching for your kidney belt if you live in a place where the roads are anything but billiard table smooth.

A bit more information on the use and the setup that you are starting with and I'm sure that there are people who have tried that combination and can help you out.

As a last point, when you are basically changing everything, springs, shocks and bars, it often helps to have some adjustability in the bars to get the proper balance. That's particularly true when you don't have a package of springs and bars that has been tested and demonstrated to deliver a decent balance. Otherwise just slapping different bars on the car can result in serious understeer or oversteer and really mess up the handling.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:37 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Solofast
Sway bars have to be matched to tires and springs. There is no right or wrong specific ones, so long as the entire packge produces the right balance and stiffness.

You haven't said if this is a dedicated track car, an occasional track use car or a daily driver. And you didn't say what spring rates you are running, or what tire widths you have, and what tires you are using. As a result there really isn't anything that can be said to help you other than to point you to the Pfadt site where they have a graph of most all of the sway bars for these cars and you can see the relative stiffnesses.

Coil overs tend to be stiffer than stock springs, and that's fine, but coupling up stiffer springs with monster bars can result in something that will have you reaching for your kidney belt if you live in a place where the roads are anything but billiard table smooth.

A bit more information on the use and the setup that you are starting with and I'm sure that there are people who have tried that combination and can help you out.

As a last point, when you are basically changing everything, springs, shocks and bars, it often helps to have some adjustability in the bars to get the proper balance. That's particularly true when you don't have a package of springs and bars that has been tested and demonstrated to deliver a decent balance. Otherwise just slapping different bars on the car can result in serious understeer or oversteer and really mess up the handling.
Well said!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:28 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Solofast
You haven't said if this is a dedicated track car, an occasional track use car or a daily driver.
Originally Posted by scott88
I am just using the car on the street and will not be doing any track days.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:48 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

agree with the previous

it's an entire package

with as many wrecked z06's as we see come up, i would buy an entire take off set of springs, bars and shocks off of one. that's a great street suspension

if you start making changes, you need to know why you're making the change. what is it you're after? it's not hard to throw a car out of balance if you just start randomly changing parts

Get notified of new replies

To which are better t1 sway bars or zr1?

Quick Reply: which are better t1 sway bars or zr1?