C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOMEONE HELP!!! CODES, problems, loss of power!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 09:03 PM
horsepwrjunkie
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SOMEONE HELP!!! CODES, problems, loss of power!!

I have a 2002 z06 with 33k miles and a kenne bell supercharger (no other mods), recently my car has been giving me issues. The car starts fine and under idle it is rough and quite low in rpm, and under acceleration the car sputters bad and seems to misfire anywhere from 2500rpm and up is horrible and car barely accelerates. It wont even spin a tire. Looking at the back, the exhaust tips the right side is coal black inside and the left side is clean, no black at all. The codes thrown are P0300 (misfire), P1441 (EVAP flow during non-purge), and P1518 (PCM to TAC module serial data circuit), and TCS C1282? All are history codes other than the P1441. I know alot of people say thats caused be loose gas cap but mine is on 3 clicks at least. I have noticed misfire on cylinders 1 and 3 and checked plugs and wires, they are fine. I have replaced the EVAP control module on the engine, cleared codes but still runs like its misfiring bad. I have replaced the O2 sensors as well. Could this be due to the TAC going bad? Or perhaps a defunct battery and grounds? I dont want to start dumping money in parts and looking for something to test to see what is the culprit. Any direction would be greatly appreciated! It is driving me crazy
Old 02-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Amixamse
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a bad coil pack to me.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:23 PM
horsepwrjunkie
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amixamse
Sounds like a bad coil pack to me.
Would you suggest to switch coil packs around to see if it misfires on a different cylinder?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Amixamse
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe so. I'm not a tech by any means, but I had a trans am doing the exact same thing and it was a bad connection to coil pack. Sorry I couldn't help more.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Check the connections to the coil packs. IIRC one of the wires per connector supply a tach signal so a bad connection would cause a misfire as well as a code for the tach signal.

Get notified of new replies

To SOMEONE HELP!!! CODES, problems, loss of power!!

Quick Reply: SOMEONE HELP!!! CODES, problems, loss of power!!