C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery keeps dieing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 06:17 AM
luc719
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery keeps dieing?

Ok i have a pritty big sound system in my vette and the battery keeps draining. i have upgraded all my engine wireing to "0" gauge, put in a capacitor, and got a yellow top deep cycle. what else can i do to prevent this? is there a upgrade for the alternator? please help!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Cutlassmaster
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 84 Posts

Can you be more specific? Draining while running or off? If off, something is not shutting off in your system and is draining the battery. Most likely you will need to get out the multi-meter and start eliminating piece by piece. Once you give more specifics I am sure others will chime in.
GL
Chris
Old 01-29-2013, 09:05 AM
99 vett babycar
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cutlassmaster
Can you be more specific? Draining while running or off? If off, something is not shutting off in your system and is draining the battery. Most likely you will need to get out the multi-meter and start eliminating piece by piece. Once you give more specifics I am sure others will chime in.
GL
Chris

Shut everything off, wait about 15 minutes and the measure your drain current. If its more than 20ma you've got something "on"that's drawing the battery down.

Get notified of new replies

To Battery keeps dieing?

Quick Reply: Battery keeps dieing?