C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Tender Purchase Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 07:42 PM
sereneDelusions
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the useful information! Hope the OP finds a charger at the right price point for their needs as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM
DA1984VETTE
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts

Haven't made a decision yet on the charger. We still have our german shepherd in the garage and she like to chew on things, so putting getting one right now on hold. I e-mailed deltran about the junior and they advised that this charger wouldn't keep up with the parasitic draw of my 98. So still deciding between the cetek 3300 and the battery tender plus, but am leaning toward the cetek at this point. Thanks for all responses and the suggestions.
Here is the their e-mail back to me:
The BT JR is going to be too small for the parasitic draw on the battery, for vehicles we would use a BT Plus (021-0128). Thank you and have a great day!

Last edited by DA1984VETTE; 02-06-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
Cubman
Pro

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

Default battery tender plus

I use a battery tender plus when Vette not in use year around. Original battery lasted 11yrs. I plug it into the recep. in the center console. Also use one on wife's car during winter months. They work great.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 AM
PAULMC
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have used the Battery Tender Jr. for years on my motorcycles and never had a problem. When I bought my 2000 Corvette, which sits for long periods of time, I called Deltron and asked them if I could use one of the Jr.'s to keep that battery at peak levels. I was told by their tech that although they don't recommend them for Corvettes, that if within 72 hours after connecting it to my battery the light on the Tender turned green and was constant for at least two days or longer, it should work just fine. It took mine less than 24 hours to reach full float level and the light always stays green. I have not hard-wired it with the pigtails. I just use the clips. Again, mine seems to be working great.

Quick Reply: Battery Tender Purchase Question