C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS big blower cam question?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Longley428
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECS big blower cam question?

Hello! In the next few weeks I will be putting a cam in my LS6, I am wanting to go with the ecs "big" blower cam, with plans of doing an A&A kit in the future. Question is, I've heard the big blower cam is made for big blocks, but will the "big blower" cam be ok in a stock LS6? Any info will be helpful! Thanks!!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:41 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Longley428
Hello! In the next few weeks I will be putting a cam in my LS6, I am wanting to go with the ecs "big" blower cam, with plans of doing an A&A kit in the future. Question is, I've heard the big blower cam is made for big blocks, but will the "big blower" cam be ok in a stock LS6? Any info will be helpful! Thanks!!

This would be a bit of a lengthy discussion on line, please give us a call at the shop and we would be more then happy to discuss this in length with you so you get exactly what you are looking for.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:40 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be as well go with thier SC kit too, i have AA SC kit, but wish i had gone with ECS 2k, too late now.

Doug pm me for 2 things

Oil cap breather and 4 port vacuum distribution block. Thanks
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,260 Likes on 1,055 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I just installed their big blower cam in my 02z and made 419/386... before the cam I made 391/379 with lg super pros, vararam, and corsa xtremes... the curve on the dyno graph after the cam was almost dead on to my graph before the cam install until around 5k and then that's where the power climbed... I was in the same boat as you, I wanted to do a cam that worked well with a supercharger since I plan on getting an ecs kit with a d1sc... this cam drives like stock in my opinion so you shouldn't have any driveability issues after tuning... I would also recommend pinning the crank since you will be in there anyway and you plan to supercharge in the future... hope my post helps in your decision and good luck
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 PM
Longley428
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help! It will be the ECS Big blower cam that I go with. Will be ordering within the next few weeks!

Get notified of new replies

To ECS big blower cam question?

Quick Reply: ECS big blower cam question?