C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOB question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FOB question

I did a search so, no luck there, thus here I am. 99Vert
My FOB just magically stopped working yesterday. I was digging under my seats looking for a broken piece of my IPhone connector, and really have done nothing else . I thought the battery in the FOB died so I replaced it, went to sync it on the dic, get to the hold the lock/unlock and nothing. Is there something in the seat wiring that may have caused this? or a blown fuse I should take a look for?
My battery is fully charged. Anything I should look at?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

If the fob is working you shouldn't have to reprogram through the DIC when you change the battery. You should only have to resync by turning on the ignition and holding the lock and unlock buttons on the fob until the horn honks. If the fob isn't working neither of those things will work. Many have successfully repaired fobs by soldering the connections both on the battery prongs and on the chip on the circuit board. There's a thread on the forum with pictures. Barring that, sounds like you need a new fob, and the 97-99 models are pretty expensive. You can use a 2000 model fob, but you won't have the passive switch or the passive function. Last time I checked gmpartshouse.com had the best price on the older fobs like yours.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,217 Likes on 2,301 Posts

I found the thread using Google search. This shows you where to solder. Also solder your battery connection to the board if they are cracked.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...KCSChglhT448mA
Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 PM
dmarkshark
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks 65GGVert, gonna look at the solder side first, if no luck, guess I'll be getting a new one.

Get notified of new replies

To FOB question

Quick Reply: FOB question