C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Outer Tie Rod Ends

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 12:03 PM
rprinty
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Outer Tie Rod Ends

Just a heads up. My 2000 coupe needed new front and rear outer tie rod ends and after searching the web I decided to go with the heavy duty, greasable ends from Ecklers. Brought the car in for an alignment today and the technician could not set the front toe. The Ecklers ends were too long and with the inner tie rods screwed all the way into the outer ends the toe was still not within specs. The rears were fine and he had no problems with the alignment in the back.

I think I learned my lesson on this one and I ordered some Moog units from Rock Auto this morning. I sure hate having to do a job twice. I'll take up the issue of the poorly fitting tie rod ends with Ecklers and see how that works out.

Bob
Old 12-29-2012, 01:20 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by rprinty
Just a heads up. My 2000 coupe needed new front and rear outer tie rod ends and after searching the web I decided to go with the heavy duty, greasable ends from Ecklers. Brought the car in for an alignment today and the technician could not set the front toe. The Ecklers ends were too long and with the inner tie rods screwed all the way into the outer ends the toe was still not within specs. The rears were fine and he had no problems with the alignment in the back.

I think I learned my lesson on this one and I ordered some Moog units from Rock Auto this morning. I sure hate having to do a job twice. I'll take up the issue of the poorly fitting tie rod ends with Ecklers and see how that works out.

Bob
Just another reason I have not bought anything from Ecklers in a long time.

Quick Reply: Front Outer Tie Rod Ends